Saturday, September 22, 2007

It seems like my wheelchair's breakdowns always happen on a Friday afternoon - when it's too late to get the part I need shipped out until Monday. And when the scooter rental companies aren't delivering anymore for the weekend (although, given what they charge ... sweet holy crap. I think I'll just borrow a manual from Student Medical when they open on Monday, and try to find someone to push me.).

If the chair was a bit better designed - or if the workmanship was less haphazard - it might've been possible to take it apart and wire in a jury-rigged charger. More incentive for me to take the Power Lab next semester, I guess. Or maybe I should ask the professor if some of his students this semester would be interested in doing a case study? Hmm ...

On the bright side, no classes Monday, so I can (hopefully) get all of the logistics worked out before class on Tuesday, and the scooter should be fixed by Tuesday night. Wednesday night, if I'm unlucky. I just won't have it for my ASL class (or the nanotech workshop at the Museum of Science, whichever it is), but that's okay - I can still take The Ride and use my crutches once I'm there. I just hope Stephanie gets back to me soon about whether the ASL class is happening or if I need to transfer to a different level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home