Friday, September 14, 2007

I just sent in a consent form to be in a trial of the AAA PowerPak for my Harmony processor (essentially, the PowerPak replaces the processor's battery with a cable to a AAA battery in your pocket or clipped to your belt - it looks something like this, although that device is for the previous generation processor, and takes AA batteries). Should be interesting. I also sent in my resume - hopefully I can work for Advanced Bionics this summer.

In less positive news, resistors are driving me nuts. Who came up with the idea of coding resistivity as a set of colors that (a) are fairly close to each other, and (b) are in bands so tiny, even a slight color impairment makes them indistinguishable? My TAs' solution is just to plug random resistors into a multimeter until I find the one I want (since our lab kit has all its resistors lumped in one compartment), but that just seems silly. Grr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home