Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I just got news that made my day. Yes, all 57 remaining minutes of it (or is that expression retroactive?)

It comes in two parts, actually. First, a VRS company called SnapVRS has released a phone called the Ojo. The Ojo is unique among VRS-provided phones, as far as I can tell, in that it is entirely self contained and doesn't require a TV for display. It's also quite a bit more portable-looking - and dorm-friendly, heh.

The other nifty bit is that CSD is offering a service I haven't seen before, called English Based Sign + Lip-Reading Option. I have the feeling it's new, but I'm not certain. And while you could always, in theory, ask any VRS interpreter to sign PSE rather than ASL, I've heard stories of interpreters being unwilling to do oral interpreting.

I'd toyed with the idea of applying for a video phone before, but this might just push me over the edge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home