Thursday, August 30, 2007

You may remember that earlier this year I made a hobby out of hassling the Facilities department for not making new buildings accessible from day one. Well, my first step back on campus, I ran into one of my allies at the Disability Services Office, who told me that they (and their colleagues in the Accessible Technology office) have been twisting Facilities' arm about putting out a guide to campus accessibility. Apparently, I walked in at just the right moment, because someone brought up the idea that they should suggest that Facilities hire a student who actually uses a wheelchair to get around to do the pre-map survey, rather than just dump some random employee in a chair for the day. And since I was standing there ... I hope this pans out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home