Friday, July 01, 2005

Well, I just went through the process of putting all of my GMail contacts into my Macintosh Address Book. Took a long time, but now I can export it as a CSV file that can be imported into just about any other address program. I'm also going to look at web publishing it (behind a password, for those of you worried about spam), but I'm not sure if I can do that without .Mac.

I was weeding out the email addresses that I don't want anymore - obsoleted ones, ones that got added to my address book when I put 150+ invites on iSpool.com or whatever it was for people to take, ones for people I'm no longer in touch with, or for teachers/administrators I don't think I'll be emailing - and I came across some really weird emails I didn't even recognize (although I assume I knew most or all of 'em at some point). Domains removed to protect the innocent.

Example: RevolutionOfTheProletariat@[].com, ThisIsntMyEmail@[].com, Root@[fairlycommondomain].com (no idea how they managed that!), and so on. I even came across a palindrome - something like moc.niamod@domain.com. Of course, just as emails are case-insensitive, '.'s don't count (e.g., that last email was exactly the same as mocniamod@domain.com).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home